Sign in to follow this  
PondBoss

First Time

Got another first time catch. BULL FROGS!!!

Went night fishing the other day with some buddies, we ran some trot lines and drank a few cold ones. While the trot lines were resting we went in the boat and were spot lighting frogs. Once we'd find one we'd shine the light on him to blind him from seeing us then pitch a T-Rigged worm next to him, give it a couple of shakes and the frogs would attack it! It was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. (talk about sight fishing) lol It gave me a good way to get rid of some old trick worms that I never caught any fish on. They would jump on the bait and scoop it into their mouths with their hands. Count to 3 and set the hook (get ready to catch a frog) and viola frog in the boat. man it was neat, not to mention loads of fun. Especially when we'd get a couple of frogs come off the hook. It was like it got to be personal. lol Definitely a Red Neck thing to do, but loads of fun. I hear they eat well too. But that is a story for another time.

PondBoss