Sign in to follow this  
ICU812

A Little Bronzeback Redemption

Well I went out yesterday to a new place from shore and caught my PB smallmouth, nothing huge but a decent size from shore – I’m new to catching them. And the cool thing was that it exploded on a 6” hardbody topwater swimbait and it was just a great strike and great action! The fish couldn’t have been over 13 inches and I was just amazed that it went after the big bait like that. I was with my girlfriend and didn’t have my phone on me and hers was acting up so I didn’t get a pic, which kinda put me in a bad mood lol to put it lightly <_<

I put it back in the water, still lipped, after waiting FOREVER in vain for my girl’s phone to take a pic, because I wanted to make sure it was ok but I wanted to weigh and measure it. But as soon as I put it in the water it shook free of my grip and so I didn’t get a chance to measure. It was stupid of me to do that but luckily I learned from my mistake.

Went out today to a different spot that I heard had some smallmouths. I started out throwing that big swimbait but there were no bites. Had a pickerel chasing it but no bites. I downsized to a rapala minnow but still no strikes. Spinnerbait, nothing. So I had fished for about an hour and nothing. I figured if there were bass there they must be on the bottom right now so I tied on a football jig with a craw trailer. Pitched it a few times in a spot that looked like it might be good and worked it slowwwww. All of a sudden TAP TAP Hooked into my new PB smallmouth!

Again not HUGE but 15” and got a pic this time lol

20h9hkm.jpg

Unfortunately my girl skunked and that was the only fish I got, though I had one more bite on the jig. There were a few other people fishing along the shore but I didn’t see anyone catch anything. I want to come back to this spot with my boat and see how I do.

WTG and nice jig color..

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Ha thanks man! Went to the store tryna find a rage tail lobster but couldn't find any at the store :o so ended up going with a yum crawdad trailer - I thought it looked pretty good too! My 2nd jig fish ever :D