Sign in to follow this  
Daniel My Brother

Fathers Day Weekend

Friday after work I was planned to go wading for smallies. I called a buddy to join me but he convinced me to come out to his farm and fish his ponds instead. I took my daughter, Emily, and she knocked ‘em dead with a green pumpkin baby brush hog, and even caught her first ever 4 pounder!

100_0609.jpg

A proud Dad.

100_0611.jpg

This was the best I could manage for the evening. A decent fish, but not quite scale-worthy.

100_0608.jpg

My friend Mark showed us both up with a fat 5lb 7oz fish. He was tossing a brush hog and fishing it fast.

100_0616.jpg

Saturday morning after the storms rolled through I took my daughter, Natalie, to Cedar Lake. She put a hurtin’ on the sunfish, catching ‘em one after another after another.

100_0634.jpg

I was tossing a Senko and managed a couple of good ones, too.

100_0622.jpg

100_0632.jpg

But the fish of the day had to be this big flathead. He grabbed my Senko and took us for a little boat ride. I was praying that it was a bass, but deep down I figured it had whiskers. Still, a big fish is a big fish and I certainly enjoyed the fight.

100_0630.jpg

Sunday morning I again planned to wade the stream for smallies, but more heavy rain overnight changed those plans. Instead my daughter, Jayna, and I headed to the lake. She’s normally a bass fisherman, but after hearing about Natalie’s non-stop action on Saturday she picked up the bluegill pole and went to town.

100_0654.jpg

Never did make it to the river, but what a great weekend with my 3 youngest…I hope you all had a great one, too.

Man that's awesome! Looks like lots of good times and GREAT fish! Thanks for sharing!