Sign in to follow this  
figure8racer

Best Use For My Loomis 844C Gl3

I recently purchased a used g-loomis 844c gl3 from a guy here locally. It is 7' heavy power with a fast action. I originally bought it to be my frog rod but am considering trying to find another use for it. Before I bought it I was using a 6'9" veritas with medium heavy power and an extra fast action. I was completely satisfied with the veritas but the loomis rod was only $75 so I figured it was a good deal on a more premium rod so I couldn't pass it up. I do a ton of frog fishing and have taken the loomis out a few times and with both rods paired with patriarch reels the loomis rod feels significantly heavier and more of a chore to cast. So my main question is there a possible better use for the loomis? Maybe for flipping heavier soft plastics and jigs? Or anything else you guys would recomend? Also a secondary question I've got a lews reel that is quite a bit lighter than the patriarch that I could use on the loomis that might help for casting a frog. Also I may just be a pansy and need to use the loomis for casting a frog until I get used to it. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Also forgot to mention that he has the same loomis rod in the 6'9" length and if that would be better suited for frogs I can buy it for the same price of $75 or just trade him the 7 footer for it. They are both in like new condition so I figure at worst I sell one of them and make my money back for one of them. Thanks guys!

844c makes an excellent jig rod in the imx,glx,854nrx I imagine the gl3 would also.