Sign in to follow this  
Bass XL

senkos and swimbaits???

all righty..i was cleaning out my fishing corner (in the garage) today and was going through an old box full of line spools...well i got to the bottom of it and long behold a brand new pack of senkos in a dark brown (almost black) with purple flakes...well i dug a little deeper and found some new 5" swim baits in a wildeye shad color....my question is: i would like to use these before the season and this weekend might be my last outing...i am fishing a mini tournment..the lake is about 55 degrees, stained (almmost muddy), with alot of stick ups....do you think i should use these 2 lures this time of the year?

Just my opinion here, but I would not use the swimbaits. A senko will work in almost any situation but I think if it were me, I would avoid using the swimbaits and concentrate on something that will move water and attract attention in the murky water....Spinnerbait in chartruse or a rat-l-trap would be what I was throwing. I will throw a Senko in almost any water condition and catch fish with them...especially in the darker colors.............I'm sure you'll get some good responses on this subject. Good Luck!  ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a jig, rattletrap, or spinnerbait situation to me.

how about a chatter bait...i have one in 1/4 oz in chart./white   and another 1/2 oz in black/blue??

haha lubina--what about a swimming senko....ha just kidding i dont have any of those yet

Thanks for all the replys....leaving tommorow at about 3