Sign in to follow this  
beergogglin

Lake Ontario Smallies

I grew up on the shores of Lake Ontario, but never fished the main body for bass. I always fished the tributaries. Who knew there were smallies in there when I was a kid? Anyway, I now live in Virginia and am coming up for my annual Summer visit. I wanted to try some smallie fishing. All I'll have is a rowboat and no electronics. I'll be trying the inlet to Johnson's creek in Orleans county in the morning and maybe evening. Not sure if fish are there or not. Any suggestions?

There def there I'm from lyndonville and live in medina now but that's my home waters right there I'm getting smallies at the trussel and in kuckville by the bend. Above the falls in lyndonville has been killer for lmb now as well with kicker pike. U could always launch at pointbreeze and work up the oak flipping the docks.

My parents have a cottage near sunset beach, so that's where I'll be launching... just a rowboat with a trolling motor most likely. I grew up fishing Johnson, but I'd really like to try fishing out in the lake. I figure that's where the big fish will be.

My buddy used to live in sunset there the Mcdonalds they just sold the place a few years ago. But there's def biger fish there at the mouth I might go there tomorrow to check it out try to get in off the banks or borrow my buddys canoe and lunch in kuckville. Its usually all grass and pads at least last year it was this years kinda screwy.

So have u made ur trip yet how did ya do

I grew up on the shores of Lake Ontario, but never fished the main body for bass. I always fished the tributaries. Who knew there were smallies in there when I was a kid? Anyway, I now live in Virginia and am coming up for my annual Summer visit. I wanted to try some smallie fishing. All I'll have is a rowboat and no electronics. I'll be trying the inlet to Johnson's creek in Orleans county in the morning and maybe evening. Not sure if fish are there or not. Any suggestions?

wow, thats where I grew up... I always had great luck on the oak orchard river inlet, Point Breeze from the lake back to the dam a few miles back. If you get above the dam, try dropping your boat in Lake Alice. Instead of dropping your boat at point breeze, near the black north Inn, there is a launch less busy about a mile back , just google, Sandy's Oak Orchard Marina, 1298 Oak Orchard river road.... good good smallies all around there.

As far as Ontario, I only ever trolled out there for Salmon

odd, I probably know both of you, hah small area

Lake alice is my fav spot to fish I miss not living in waterport. I just did a tournament on alice last week we only got 1 smallie however. I'm killing smallies on the oak on slade and horan rd between alice and glennwood.

Hey clayton is that you?

There def there I'm from lyndonville and live in medina now but that's my home waters right there I'm getting smallies at the trussel and in kuckville by the bend. Above the falls in lyndonville has been killer for lmb now as well with kicker pike. U could always launch at pointbreeze and work up the oak flipping the docks.

Hey clayton is that you?

Yeah?