Sign in to follow this  
fishingkidPA

Suprise While Smallie Fishing

i was fishing one of my favorite SM creeks in PA. I had tried working tubes and jerkbaits and got nothing. I started drifting a nightcrawler deep for some bass and felt tap tap and started yanking out line. I was using my light action rod with a UL reel with 4lb test. it was almost breaking me off around some of the boulders the size of trailers. I thought i had on a state record smallmouth to land later my biggest carp. i think it was 10+ pounds, it was 33 inches but i didnt have my camera and i cant find a fish weighing calculator for carp. wish i had pics but oh well great time. Ended up finishing with all different species including SM bass, carp, sunfish, and a couple rainbow and brown trout. best SM was a 16 incher.

Just looking around the site and saw your favorite river was Slippery Rock Creek. Fished it last week and caught a nice 15 inch largemouth which surprised me. Got it on a white buzzbzit below the flyfishing area. Continued success to you.

Mike

that is different, never caught a LM out of here! i love Slippery Rock Creek, cant beat the scenery or the fishing.

Did you ever hit any muskie action on the lower end?

Mike