Sign in to follow this  
bassfisherjk

Central Pa. Lake Updates.....july

Hello guys,we finally made it over to Colyer Lake today.Caught 20 bass and a mess of pickeral(I know it's not spelled right)All fish were caught on Zoom Baby Brush Hogs,pumpkin and green pumkin in color.H2o temp. was 78-80,air was 60-75,humid and overcast,with some drizzle.Started fishing at 5 am,done at 2 pm. I was told by one of the local's that the dam has never been fixed and it's still draining,which stinks because it is one sweet lake to fish.Quite a few of the Bass were 15 in. and bigger. Joe

Dams not fixed, but its been at that level for 2 years now... i think the water is below the crack.

Colyer is a diamond in the rough... my secret weapon lake - where i take people to get them hooked on fishing. If you cant find the bass, the pickerel are EVERYWHERE.

Nice report, let me know when you come back and ill join you.

You got it Nate.I hope to make it back over this month.

While I was at Colyer,we over heard the Fish Warden talking to a guy on the bank and he said that Black Moshannon was drained to do repair work at the Dam.I was just wondering if anyone was aware of that or not.

I was over at Canoe Creek this morning,caught 2 bass.On water at 5:45 am left at 11:45 am.Both bass were caught early on Baby Brush Hogs,watermelon/magic,at the boat rental.There was a heavy fog,and when the sun burned through they seemed to shut down. Joe

While I was at Colyer,we over heard the Fish Warden talking to a guy on the bank and he said that Black Moshannon was drained to do repair work at the Dam.I was just wondering if anyone was aware of that or not.

I heard about this. It's supposed to only be down half (I heard anyway). If that's the case fish it now!!!

Hello guys,made another trip to Canoe Creek today.Caught 4 bass before sunrise,once the sun came up the bite quit.H2o was 80,air 62-83,on water at 5:00 am-left 11:00 am.Very weedy,fish all caught over weeds,no pad bite? Joe

Just moved to Waynesboro about a month ago, Caught a few bass this weekend at Fuller and laurel lakes near pine grove furnace.Haven't moved my boat back yet so I was bank fishing.