Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

Stock Market

I have been betting the market to take a dip for a while now and was in on SPXU (3x SP Short) at $20.10 for a bit and was about to lick my wounds and call it since the market was on a tear leaving me second guessing myself, BOY DID THINGS CHANGE today, I was out at $21.13! Although the overall portfolio was HAMMERED, from commodities, especially emerging markets, only silver lining was ironically in longterm gvt (VGLT) and corporate (VCLT). I really like some of the better paying dividend stocks here, some of the yields are spectacular at these level with Altria aka Phillip Morris (MO) leading way, CLX, and PG all defensive plays but yield plays for sure. Gold was also dipping, strange...Martha Reeves and the Vandellas come to mind.

How are you active traders doing?

Uhhhhh........

I'll just stick with the Alabama method. Put the gold in a mason jar and bury it. Long as the gophers keep away, its the safest investment you can make.

Uhhhhh........

I'll just stick with the Alabama method. Put the gold in a mason jar and bury it. Long as the gophers keep away, its the safest investment you can make.

I have a metal detector and know where you live :D , hope you have plenty of ammo if it ever comes to that.

I have a metal detector and know where you live :D , hope you have plenty of ammo if it ever comes to that.

LOL too funny.

Dude I got enough ammo to last a year. It's all vacuum sealed and packed away, for when the chaos shall break loose. ;)

Anyway, I don't know the first thing about investing, stocks, bonds, or whatever all that stuff is. The only form of investing that holds an interest for me is commodities. Or whatever various metals, ie. gold, silver, copper, platinum, aluminum, and steel (stainless and carbon) would be under. I work with metals and electricity, so it has both an interest and a relevence to what I'm doing. Any info you have or advice on figuring this out would be great.