Sign in to follow this  
Steve K

Lake Geneva, Wi

Fished Saturday on the big gin bottle. Started the day catching my bait - 3-5in perch with a minnow and mini-mite. Started fishing the 14-20ft drops near points with Carolina rigged perch with nothing to show. Found a large bait ball near the narrows about a football field long. Marked some way points and started fishing. The only fish for the day worth mentioning was this 20in 4lb even smallie that came suspended over 40fow. Put up one heck of a fight! Released after photo. The last few trips I cant seem to get them going on artificials but they will hammer the baby perch and suckers. Makes me mad because I have spent thousands of dollars in tackle to fish for bass and all I can catch them on is $.50 worth of a hook and a cheep weight! Threw cranks, drop shots, tubes, finesse jigs, The water temp was still in the mid 50's at 54 and the water is so clear now you can see down 15+ feet or more. Just stinks when you only get two fish for an 8+ hour day and I have maybe one more time out with the boat this year. She goes to sleep Thanksgiving weekend. Then its off to the local rivers for more frustrating days. Anyway thanks for all the reports everyone has been posting lately. I really enjoy reading them and learning. Keep them coming!

post-34407-0-21511900-1320760217_thumb.j