Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shane Procell

2 Days On Lake Okeechobee

Fished Lake Okeechobee a couple of times this week. Yesterday I fished with fellow Bass Resource member, Tom Behr. Fishing was great. Tom got us deep inside the sawgrass by busting his own trails. I can tell you that without a GPS we might still be inside of that maze. Tom worked a Zoom Fluke and I used a Gambler Big EZ. Slow presentations were the ticket. Somewhere around 30 fish in the boat including a 7.90 #'er.

9ec12ba8.png

Here is the previous day. We were fishing in the "pencil grass" fields. This grass was so heavy and thick that it was extremely difficult to actually get the fish in the boat. Looking across the grass you would think it was a foot of water but it was actually 4-5 feet deep.

Looked like FUN Shane! Back in the day, I ran some of the Okeechobee trails in a 12 ft jon boat and got lost a FEW times doing it :D But the good fishing made the adventure all the better... WTG to both of you!

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Nice videos and bass Capt Shane. That pencil grass / water looks awesome.

Nice job Shane. You can really see the difference in weather between day one and two. Nothing like catching a bass so big you think it might be a gator! See you on the next one