Sign in to follow this  
B@ssCrzy

Vendetta Vs. Clarus

I am looking at getting 7ft to 7'3" mh rod paired with a curado. I plan on using it to fish frogs, buzzbaits,and stanley ribbits, etc. I have heard a lot of good things about the vendetta, but I am on a limited budget and really like that the clarus rods have a lifetime warranty on them. Gives me ease of mind to know that if it breaks I can get a new one since I don't have a spare $100 to go out and buy a new rod. For those of you that have both which one do you like and why? Any help would be appreciated.

I've not used the new model Clarus, but the old models I used were solid rods for the money, though the price has gone up on them since I last bought one. But I bought a 7' MH/F Vendetta on Amazon this spring because I found one for about $55 shipped and it has been just an awesome rod for the price. I don't really testify to its sensitivity for bottom contact baits, as I only use it for moving stuff like spinnerbaits, buzzbaits/frogs, small hollow body swimbaits, and shallow cranks, but it's got a great tip and I love the handle length and the Fuji seat. I regularly throw 1/4 oz cranks and spinners and it handles them no problem. I don't think you can go wrong with them for the price, especially if you can find a deal like did. But if you buy one today for the retail price, you can get a free hooded Abu Garcia sweatshirt.