Sign in to follow this  
CSimon2

Color Combinations

I need some help from the experts out there. As you know from my previous posts, I started tying hair jigs. I placed an order from Jann's and it came today. I ordered deer tails and powder paint. My question is which color combinations do you think would work best from the colors listed below:

Deer Tail Colors:

Yellow

Red

Orange

Flo Lime

Kelly Green

Blue

Natural

Chartreuse

Powder paint:

Black

Flame Red

White

Brown

I have some ideas in my head of some patterns, but appreciate any other suggestions. Obviously pairing more than one hair color per jig is what I am after. Thanks in advance for your input.

The bucktails that a retired tacklemaker use to make for me, could choose head, wrap, and two colors of hair, and flashbou. In general, the head and wrap color would match one of the hair colors. The lower color hair would generally be lighter color. One strand of flashbou down each side, like a latteral line. But, they were used mainly for walleye, and some cold water smallies. Don't sell short the single color. Have fun with whatever colors you come up with.

CSimon2, take a look at this article from the website called- Tackle Making.com.

It explains the whole color theory and in particular how Contrasting Colors draw the most attention and therefore strikes from bass.

Let me know your thoughts on it after.

http://www.tacklemaking.com/default.php?pageID=12

hookset on 3

Try a black head with orange, chart and blue hair. It's been a very good combo for me in cold water. Also all black and all brown.

Thank you for everyone's response. I am going to try out these color combos.

CSimon2, take a look at this article from the website called- Tackle Making.com.

It explains the whole color theory and in particular how Contrasting Colors draw the most attention and therefore strikes from bass.

Let me know your thoughts on it after.

http://www.tacklemak...t.php?pageID=12

hookset on 3

This is a great article. Thanks for sharing! I am going to have to browse that site a little more. Thanks again everyone!