Sign in to follow this  
pussiwillow

Compre Crank Rod

ive been using my medium fast and a medium heavy fast pflueger president casting rods for my cranks, definitely not the ideal set up as those were my first rods i bought while getting into the sport again, ive ventured away and own some dobyns savvy now which are night and day, now too bad for me they dont offer a crank line in the savvy, i cant afford the champions and champion extremes so thats a no go, i got some bass pro gift cards, i got 150 bucks and would like to pick up a couple jerk/rip baits while im at it so i dont have a balance left, i dont want to pay much more then 110 to 120 bucks for one. 2 rods stuck out to me, wright and mcgill rick clunn 7' medium heavy which ive been eye balling since the release, and the shimano compre 7' medium heavy mod fast, i dont care about color, i just want a nice rod thats strong and sensitive enough, its basically down to those 2 and would like to hear feedback on them, but im always open to other options, but has to be available through bass pro thanks guys hoping you guys can help

Shimano, better quality, better blank, better warranty, and better color...lol

i like shimano, had an old convergence crank rod used it til the reel fell off...literally, d**n reel seat broke off before the blank broke, glued it and kept going. there are many great rods out there and i cant really go and hold them so im flying blind on selection.

I love Shimano's cranking rods...I have four now, three Crucials and one Compre. The Compre is a 6'6" M/MF in the old brown blank model (two styles ago) that I found on clearance a couple years ago for $30. I mounted a Caenan on it and use it for topwater--primarily spooks--at which it excels. I had a previous model Compre in a 7' MH/MF that I used for medium to deep and lipless crankbaits. I really liked its sensitivity and feel, and recently upgraded to the same model in the new split-grip EVA Crucial. I like it even more. Top notch crankbait rods IMO.