Sign in to follow this  
linesider83

Bass Pro Shops® Johnny Morris® Carbonlite™ Series Spinning Rods

I been reading up on them and it seems allot of people are snapping them easily, these rods are good or not, I have no broken a rod, I have used from the kmart special, to ugly stick, to star rod, to red bone, to calstar, they look nice and would be cool to maybe pair on with the new reel i plan to buy, but yikes dont want them snapping on me just for casting or such normal use.

I read a review on bps.com , some one said this was something when they first came out and now have fixed them, idk, I am hesitant.

I have two Carbonlite spinning and three Carbonlite baitcasters among my rods. My grandson has two Carbonlite spinning rods and three Carbonlite baitcasters and the rods range in age from 3 to one year old and we have had no problems fishing the junk in the Tidal Potomac river with them. Our baitcasters are MH 6'6" and 7'. The spinning rods are medium 6'6" and 7'. We love the rods and both of us use Shimano Citica and Curado reels and Sahara spinning reels. I saw a comment on another forum by a professional rod builder who said that in his view the Carbonlite is the best "bang for the buck" and this guy has a reputation for being very critical on production rods.

I have (3) 7' MH Carbonlite casting rods now. One with microguides and two without. These are absolutely the best bang for the buck rod out there. Combine them with the BPS JM Carbon Black reel and you can't beat the performance for the expenditure. If your a tournament fisherman on a budget and need several good rods on the deck without breaking the bank, this is definitely the way to go.

Got 2 carbonlite mh baitcasting rods and they have and still work great.

I have a carbonlite 66mhf casting rod that I use for jigs and the sensitivity is very good and no problems pulling them in !!!

I also have two carbonlite spinning rods, a 66mf and a 69mlf for small cranks and jigs also no problems and good results

with these rods.