Sign in to follow this  
backcast88

Spro Little John Colors

I am thinking of picking up a couple Little John's but am not sure what colors to get. I have had pretty good success with Chartreuse and the Chartreuse Black Back looks nice but am curiouse to see what people have ahd good success with.

I will be fishing in central NC lakes so the water can be fairly clear but is usually slightly stained. Any suggestions on what colors to get?

Rootbeer Chartreuse and Spooky Nasty are great.

Spook Nasty and Cell Mate for me. Citrus Shad is also a great color. Don't forget to throw some red baits in the mix if your gonna be fishing them in colder water.

Cell Mate, Citrus Shad, Old Glory, and Wat Red Craw here. Though I've not fished it, the Bluegrass Craw looks downright killer for my home lake.

Thanks. I will look into getting something in red and either cell mate or citrus shad. Any more Little John users want to chime in on color selection?

They have a lot of great colors. I'd suggest you get what you have most confidence in because they will all catch fish.

I have tons of success on chartreuse on my primary lake so I will probably get the chartreuse black back or roobeer chartreuse and then to get something closer to natural forage like one of the shad colors.

I have tons of success on chartreuse on my primary lake so I will probably get the chartreuse black back or roobeer chartreuse and then to get something closer to natural forage like one of the shad colors.

Sounds like a good choice. They only two colors that you really need is a chartreuse, white with chartreuse, and shad.

I picked up a square bill chartreuse black back and a medium diving citrus shad. I really like the aggressive look and the gamakatsu trebles are wicked sharp. I will be putting both to the test Sunday morning.

Since the bass are moving up to shallower water preparing to spawn I picked up another square bill in Spooky Nasty.

So far I haven't found a color that looks like it will not catch fish. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow morning.