Sign in to follow this  
Rich in Co

New Rods & Can't Make Up My Mind

I'm going to buy two new rods this week at BPS, and think I have it narrowed down to three, Falcon Bucoo, St Croix Mojo, and the BPS Carbon lite

I'm looking for a 7" MH casting rod, and a 6-10 to 7" M spinning rod. Both rods will be used as all around rods not tackle specific since I'm going to be pond hopping from shore or a tube .

Is any one truley better than the other or should I just flip a coin 3 times

Thanks

Rich

I can't say about the Carbonlite at all, I never have handled one. The Mojo I have handled and they seem to be a pretty decent Rod although maybe a bit Tip Heavy.

I do have a Falcon Bucoo in a 6'6 M Baitcast Rod and I really like it. It is extremely light and handles 1/4-3/8 OZ Spinnerbaits and Cranks well. The Ratings on the Bucoos may be a little lighter than other Rod Brands. The 6'6 is not a stiff Rod at all, it has more of a Moderate Fast action.

I don't have any experiance with the Falcon or St. Croix other then at Bass Pro. I have used a Carbon Lite and can say with certainty that its a very good rod and hard to beat for $100.

The $100 price point is very competative and has a bunch of good options. You will just have to go to Bass Pro and play with them and put a reel that matches yours on it and check the balance and feel.