Sign in to follow this  
smalljaw67

Check Out These Soft Jerkbaits

I started using these last year and just placed an order to use with a bladed jig. They make two different kinds, a Twitchy Minnow and a Jointed jerkbait, and the jointed jerkbait is a killer!! They are different as they sink like a salt loaded bait but have the action of salt free plastic and it is nice as I can fish it aggressively without the bait coming all the way to the surface and you can actually pull the back off and have a small 2" drop shot or panfish minnow. http://www.riverrockbaits.com/

Cool looking baits. I think Gambler has a soft plastic jerk bait with a segmented back that is similar to that....saw them the other day at a tackle store in Florida. They look nice, but I'm a big Zoom Fluke fan, and I'm not quite sold that the jointed back produces any more action than the traditional body style. Have any experience fishing them weightless?

I might have to try those out sometime.

Cool looking baits. I think Gambler has a soft plastic jerk bait with a segmented back that is similar to that....saw them the other day at a tackle store in Florida. They look nice, but I'm a big Zoom Fluke fan, and I'm not quite sold that the jointed back produces any more action than the traditional body style. Have any experience fishing them weightless?

I like Zoom Super Flukes and that is why I really like these River Rock jerkbaits, I fish them pretty aggessively without weight and they stay down. With the Super Flukes I have to stop as the bait keeps coming up and breaking the surface of the water. That is ok when the fish will come to the top and it is when I use it but if the fish are reluctant to come up these work fantastic and the segment or joint does give it more action, when you snal your rod the back end kicks out nicely and gives it a distinct swimming action.