chris090981

Tfo Tactical Series Rods

I have not used these but I have a couple TFO fly rods and they are awesome for the money. Plus, lifetime warranty!

Also, the Technical rods are designed by Gary Loomis. Something which G.Loomis rods can not say any more. I have really been interested in picking up one of the TFO bass rods, if you get one please make sure to let us know how you like it.

I have 1 of the Signature rods 7'6'' H or EH I can't remember. It's a great frog rod. However most don't like the TFO rods, at least not the signature series.

I picked up a 7'3" ML casting TFO Tactical this winter. When I have used it enough to give it a fair review I'll do so.

I think these will be pretty good, the problem is a lot of people were under the illusion they were getting a Loomis for 99 bucks with the signature series and had really high expectations and so they ended up very disappointed. I actually think he signature series was ok for the price, the blank and guides were good but it suffered from using that cheap reel seat and unfortunately it made the whole rod feel cheap. I think they should have used regular aluminum oxide guides and a better reel seat in the signature series, that would have helped a lot but it looks as if they learned from the signature series as the tactical looks a lot better, I would like to hear a review of it.

I have several of these rods and have been using them since last fall. There is certainly a difference in both series. The tactical series has a much better reel seat, as well as very good guides. The inserts will not come out, I have tried. I believe that for the cost they are WELL worth it. They are not GLX or Kistler Heliums, but for a $150 rod, they are very good IMHO.