Sign in to follow this  
Crankenstein Crony

Bass Assassin

Does anyone out there use any Bass Assassin gear? I know they have been around for a while, and I have seen their baits from time to time, but I have never tried any of their stuff. I happened to stumble upon their website the other day and noticed their baits are very reasonably priced. Just curious what you folks think.

I love their "Charm Assassins", very supple and great action, my favorite tapered straight worm. I just looked at their site and it looks like they have overhauled most of their baits from a year or so ago and I don't see that bait on there anymore... I have been generally happy with their products, with the exception of their hand pours... The ones that I have ordered from them are very stiff, almost unusable, though I might have gotten a bad batch.

Yup. Believe it or not, I've had the most luck on their 1.5" Shad Assassins in a variety of colors, but most caught on the chartreuse silver glitter. Not just for pannies, either.

Caught some of my biggest chain pickerel on 'em, and plenty of bass from little guys to 3lbs. I use the LunkerGrip UL Fin-S shad head jigs in 1/16 oz, #6 hooks. Bought the last 3 bags at our local DSG last month as they were on clearance.

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it! I'm thinking about giving some of their baits a shot but haven't used any and don't know anyone who does.

I've been using the 5" Assassin jerkbaits for years. I also use Super Flukes and am unable to notice any difference in effectiveness between the two. For what it's worth, An Assassin weighs about 15% more than the Fluke.