Sign in to follow this  
redboat

Tournament Fishing Partner

With apologies to my long time fishing buddy I.M. HaungUp, I need to find another partner for tournaments. I.M is a good buddy but is in the service and has Guard duty the first weekend of every month. I have the utmost respect for that, but it does limit our tournament fishing drastically as he doesn't have the time to commit to fishing.

I have a good bass boat, six year old Triton with a 200 Optimax that I keep in good shape. I have a Humminbird 898 side view unit, Navionics chip in the GPS and the PC software to go with it. A boatload of rods reels and baits.

I.M. and I have fished a few tournaments in Texas with some limited success. Our best finish was 20th in a 200 boat tournament, ahead of all 3 pro teams who entered. We used to fish one of the local "working man" tourneys but figured out it was semi-rigged and dropped out.

I don't want to present myself as a pro or very experienced angler; I still have a lot to learn. I like Toledo Bend, Rayburn, Ray Roberts, and lakes in North and East Texas.

I'd like to pair up with someone who (1) Doesn't have their own boat; (2) is willing to pre fish; and (3) wants to enter some of the TB, Rayburn, or other tournaments. I'd like to spend this year prefishing or "shadowing" tournaments, fishing the same times but not actually entering, then if things go well enter some next season. This person would live in the DFW area or nearby.

If anyone is interested PM me.