Sign in to follow this  
new2BC4bass

Need Some Advice. Heading For Florida

for the last week of April and first week of May for a nephew's wedding. Naturally I'll fish as much as possible! :laughing7:

My brother-in-law keeps it simple. He fishes 10 inch weightless worms and #11 Rapalas. Always before I've pretty much stuck with the same lures. This time I would like to try a few other lures in hopes of increasing my catch. Problem is I don't know what to fish. Love to hear from some Floridians on what would be my best bets to try.

Will be fishing 2-3 small lakes in the Deland area. It's about 35 minutes north of Orlanda and about 25 minutes from Daytona.

Thanks.

Oh ya, I keep 3 casting rods there...2 mediums and one MH. Reels I carry with me. I doubt I can fish something like a drop shot with the gear I'll have.

Watermelon seed Zoom Lizards kill down here. Find yourself a grassy area and fish a topwater hollow frog. Red shad colored worms. Gambler EZ Swimmers.

Gambler ez's

Thanks guys. I've got a couple hollow frogs, but will have to look into getting the other items. Sure wish I could take my Zillion Flip & Pitch/TD-Z 103 HL Type R/55 lb. Samurai with me! :(

EDIT: Ok, got your suggestions ordered, and a couple other items besides. :)