Sign in to follow this  
james 14

Z7 Or Triton Explorer 18

Both boats start at about the same price but I'm sure one would stand out as the better choice over the other. Instinct says the Triton would be better but the Explorer IS their lower end line. According to the specs on each site the Nitro is about 400 lbs heavier which I'm sure makes a difference in top end, however, the Nitro is an inch longer and three inches wider. Nothing against Mercury but I also like the option of going with a different brand on the Triton. Other thoughts?

I believe there are a few members that have the Z7. I would do a search

Many factors in a decision. I'm sure both boats will be similar as a fishing platform. Wider is better but go check out both boats, get up on the decks and see which one you prefer to fish out of. Try to get them out for a ride. Check out the storage and see which you prefer. Back in 07 I bought a new Skeeter. When I was looking for a glass boat my criterias were, a Four stroke, fit in my garage and price. Well, I sold it last year and now I realize there is a lot of more important factors than the three I jsut stated. Take your time and as I been told, buy what YOU want. Good luck

AL