Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeeso

A Good Day At The Pond!

5 posts in this topic

So I went out early Saturday up to a pond in the neighborhood where I grew up.  Second cast I caught this one.  I could have swore It would have broken the 5lb mark for me making it my new PB.  But it weighed 4.7.  Everyone I showed said it looks bigger than that as I am a pretty big guy.  6 2 about 200 pounders.  But the scale doesn't lie!  (or does it :)  Pretty big for around these parts.

After that I caught 3 more ranging from 3.2-3.6 lbs and a couple probably hovering around 2 lbs.  It was a great day, It didn't seem to matter what I threw they would eat it.  I love days like that.

The water was pretty dirty, and I thought I wouldn't have much luck but it was the complete opposite.  They were all up in pretty shallow water except 2 of them.  I wonder if the muddy water had something to do with why they were up so shallow.  The pond is pretty large and would be excellent for a kayak or canoe.  So there is much deeper water Where I would assume they would be this time of the year.  Shows how much I know!

Anyways just wanted to share my excitement.  I went out with my Father as it was the day before fathers day, he makes fun of me because I turn into a little boy when I catch a big on.  Jumping around hooting and hollering.   

post-35892-0-81806000-1371525306_thumb.j

Nice fish man what did u catch it on?

Trusty ol' spinnerbait.

You can't beat a spinnerbait in murky water.  WTG!

1 person likes this

Nice one!