bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Simpson Lake, Valley Park, MO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 BigEZ19

BigEZ19

Go Maple Wood Monarchs!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted March 28 2010 - 04:31 PM

I was out around Valley Park today and drove by Simpson Lake.  It seems to look like a decent little lake to fish. Does anyone know some more recent information on it? Thanks ;D

#2 Needemp

Needemp

Luck is what's left over after you give 100%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted March 28 2010 - 08:40 PM

Nothing new from me. But it's one of the very few places you can fish from your boat this close to home. If you have time, hit it up. You will have a good day here and there.
St. Louis, Mo

#3 cart7t

cart7t

the chicken still haunts me

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted April 01 2010 - 04:04 AM

It was formerly a couple old Quarries partially linked together.  Most of the banks are very overgrown, steep and inaccessible to shore fishing.  The banks also drop off pretty quickly into deep water most of the way around the lake.  I've found that if you concentrate on the flat, shallower areas of the lake that have cover you'll find what few bass are there.  The boat ramp is very shallow and makes launching even a tin boat tuff.  There is no courtesy dock and the water around the ramp is very shallow so tying off after launching is an adventure. 
BassResource - A cut above the rest!

#4 LAURASDAD

LAURASDAD

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted April 01 2010 - 08:50 AM

Last week, my neighbor was at the park next to simpson lake and their car was vandalized. They were only gone for 10 mins so someone was waiting for the opportunity.

Don't leave anything valuable in the car. They broke a window and grabbed a purse.

Larry