fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Do you carry concealed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#91 Bassn Blvd

Bassn Blvd

KVD ain't got nothing on me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,095 posts

Posted March 05 2012 - 08:55 PM

I carry every where I can. I am not allowed to bring a weapon on the property of work, so I can't there. If I am at home I carry ( right now ) and every where I go when with the family. Not paranoid just prepared. I just don't want to have to run get my firearm if SHTF. Am I crazy? Please elaborate.

You aren't at all crazy.. I think everyone who can carry should carry.

#92 urp

urp

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted March 06 2012 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, I carry always. When the permit laws were relaxed in Oregon I wondered about the advisability of everybody running around armed. That didn't stop me from charging out for my permit. It's been years and there have been no problems that I know about.

#93 nick76

nick76

Go Crusaders!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted March 06 2012 - 09:48 AM

I got my permit about 4 months ago and I have carried ever since. I hope to never need to use my firearm, but I will be prepared in case. My wife also got her permit. She doesn't carry as often. She was the one who wanted to get the permits to carry, I think it was so that I would carry when they were with me. I have gone over scenarios with all of my kids and my wife as to how to react in a bad situation. My younger kids (5 & 7) were kind of shocked at first, but now it is just second nature for them. There is more to having the permit than just carrying, you become acutely aware of your surroundings as well. The first thing I do when I enter a new restaurant is excuse myself to the bathroom so that I can figure out how to leave if the need arises, I also make sure we sit in an appropriate place closest to an exit. Funny how your perspective changes.
Sitting on the lake in the boat is peaceful enough, catching fish is just a bonus.

#94 NorcalBassin

NorcalBassin

On a quest for a PB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted March 17 2012 - 09:46 PM

Planning on applying for my CCW permit this year... fortunately I'm in a CCW-friendly county since it's almost impossible in many parts of CA. You just never know.

Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -John Wooden
Fishingcollage2_zps2c885b3b.jpg

#95 NCbassmaster4Life

NCbassmaster4Life

Don't Tread On Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted March 19 2012 - 03:59 PM

P226 sig .40

#96 bird-dog

bird-dog

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 25 2012 - 08:46 PM

Most importantly, a gun should NEVER be drawn unless you intend to use it. In the event the gun is fired, the shot should always be intended to kill. If one shot is fired, I would suggest following that with two more.

Agreed, but if you do shoot someone you never say you shot to KILL the subject, you say you shot the subject to stop him from his attack. Judges and Juries do not like to hear people come into court and say I shot him to kill him. It will not bode well for you in trial. I carry a SIG P290 concealed every day as my off duty weapon. It is small enough for pocket carry and it is chambered in 9mm with 6 in the mag and 1 in the pipe.
Jay

Posted Image
"Allah doesn't count the hours a man spends fishing" Alibi lures

#97 Micro

Micro

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 07:37 PM

Man, this is an old thread.

The Glock 36 that I posted at the front of this thread turned out to be the biggest turd that I have ever owned - ALONG WITH THE GLOCK 30SF I BOUGHT RIGHT AFTER IT. That Glock 36 developed an annoying inability to feed and eject. I was having 2-3 malfunctions per magazine. The Glock 30SF also took a nose dive into the crapper. It developed a failure-to-return to battery issue. I ended up selling both the 36 and the 30SF as well as the 21SF I had. I am now Glock-free.

And I forgot all about that Para Ordnance I mentioned. I wish I had that back.
Regards,
Rowland

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.  ~Author Unknown

#98 BamaBassChaser

BamaBassChaser

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 10:27 PM

Goes everywhere I go
Posted Image

#99 cheezylotus

cheezylotus

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 05:43 AM

now days i think your crazy if you dont cc all the time! you never know....

#100 needs2hunt

needs2hunt

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:09 AM

i carry about 90% of the time i leave the house... not allowed to carry while at work or even have a firearm on work property so thats about the only time not armed... this is what i always leave the house with...

Posted Image

#101 FishinDaddy

FishinDaddy

TR 20 X2

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:26 PM

I carry a laptop packpack instead of a briefcase these days. I found one that has a large zippered outer pocket that my SR9c fits in perfectly. Goes with me everywhere I go (except in the bank).

Lee Harrelson- Lakeland, Fl                                     It is sometimes hard to choose what we pay attention to, 

But it is often the most important choice we make.

#102 Topwaterspook

Topwaterspook

Topwaterspook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:58 AM

Kahr .40 & Tarus .380 depending on the dress code.

#103 sbfishySC

sbfishySC

SC Bass Fisherman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 10:35 AM

Glock 23 with me always unless I'm on school grounds. I have a permit and I'm going to exercise my right to carry.

#104 Jim_M

Jim_M

Just fish...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 07:48 AM

i carry about 90% of the time i leave the house... not allowed to carry while at work or even have a firearm on work property so thats about the only time not armed... this is what i always leave the house with...

Posted Image

Don't fall out of your boat. :)
the most interesting man in the world

#105 Capt.Bob

Capt.Bob

Fish Hard or Go Home!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 05:13 PM

Of course, as soon as I put my pants on, before I leave the bedroom, till I hit the bed at night. If I am on my couch watchin TV, its on my side! DW Valor V-BOB 45 acp Stainless Steel, with Severens Hard Hat and very tasteful tactical dehorn!Posted ImagePosted Image

The sad thing about youth is, "you don't know what you got, till its gone"