bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Black Lake, Campti La.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 bassin29

bassin29

Bassin29

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 08:52 PM

I had been looking for some information on Black Lake in Campti, LA. and was not able to come up with much as far as recent activity so I thought I would post what I did on Black Lake last weekend in the event some of you are looking to make a trip. We had a decent day despite the heavy rain and winds, we caught the majority of our fish on the Watermelon Red Bite It Baits *** wacky rigged. The fish were shallow in the particular area that we were in and more in the grass than on the timber. If you are heading over that way I hope this will be of some help, good luck and good fishing!

#2 Dalton Tam

Dalton Tam

Well I'm Gonna Miss Her....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 02:15 AM

I had been looking for some information on Black Lake in Campti, LA. and was not able to come up with much as far as recent activity so I thought I would post what I did on Black Lake last weekend in the event some of you are looking to make a trip. We had a decent day despite the heavy rain and winds, we caught the majority of our fish on the Watermelon Red Bite It Baits *** wacky rigged. The fish were shallow in the particular area that we were in and more in the grass than on the timber. If you are heading over that way I hope this will be of some help, good luck and good fishing!

I was told two fish over eight pounds was caught out there last weekend. I know about a month ago my buddy caught one near nine and a few days earlier caught another about 7. Then I was told about three weeks ago, some other buddies of mine stroked them down near the bridge on Alabama rigs.
If you wanna hit a hot spot right now you'd better hit Nantachie. I know someone who went out there last weekend and caught over 70, and some pretty good ones also. Said it was the best fishing trip of their lives.
I pray that I may live to fish.......
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

#3 Sam

Sam

I Love Bass Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,236 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 03:41 AM

Louisiana bass fishing.

Can't get better than that, other than for two things: Redfish fishing in the Louisiana marsh and LSU football.
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupid lasts a lifetime.

#4 Sam

Sam

I Love Bass Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,236 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 03:42 AM

Bassin, you may want to repost in the Louisiana fishing section to get to the Louisiana guys.

Just a suggestion.
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupid lasts a lifetime.

#5 Gator Bait

Gator Bait

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 08:29 AM

I was told two fish over eight pounds was caught out there last weekend. I know about a month ago my buddy caught one near nine and a few days earlier caught another about 7. Then I was told about three weeks ago, some other buddies of mine stroked them down near the bridge on Alabama rigs.
If you wanna hit a hot spot right now you'd better hit Nantachie. I know someone who went out there last weekend and caught over 70, and some pretty good ones also. Said it was the best fishing trip of their lives.

I'm all ears! Where is it? How do you get to the ramp? Where are a couple of good spots to start?
Thanks!

#6 Bass_Fanatic

Bass_Fanatic

Fishing on the Bend!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 05:06 PM

Black Lake is always hot this time of year. I also heard of some big mommas caught out there the past month and of people strokin em on a A-Rig. I wont be fishing up there until mid-March or so though.

Gator Bait...Nantachie is a small lake on 71 North. Its just north of Iatt Lake. There are alot of good fish out there, but it is a very dangerous lake to run if you dont know where your going. If you head that way, my advice would be to only IDLE. Many people tear up LU out there every year. As for fishing, its fishing typical right now (red traps, jigs on wood in 10 FOW, spinnerbaits). I would start off with a jig and fish stumps in deeper water and when the sun comes up and fish start moving shallower I would pick up a trap or blade and fish around grass. :eyebrows:
PB: 10lbs 4oz