bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Local Walmarts Fishing Dept Upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Avalonjohn44

Avalonjohn44

San Diego Jammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 05:47 PM

Was in both my local walmarts this weekend, they've dramatically upgraded their fishing departments. A large variety of new lures - Lucky Strike RCs, KVD frogs, KVD Square bills, doubled the rapala selection, Zman plastics, a ton of soft plastic swimbaits (SK, Power Bait, and others), Excalibur baits, War Eagle spinnerbaits, a better selection of SK Premium spinnerbaits, a ton of soft plastics that I am forgetting, Abu Garcia Vengeance rods, KVD Quantum rods, new Pfluegar and Okuma reels, and loads of unmarked pegs that the manager said would be filled soon with hooks, more reels and baits too...

Was happily impressed with Walmart for once.

"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."
-Izaak Walton

"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret."

-Roderick Haig-Brown

"If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world."

-Will Rogers

#2 jkarol24

jkarol24

Swingin' for the Fences

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 06:57 PM

Theres another post going on about just that! Check it out- http://www.bassresou...-it-up-amazing/

RIT Anglers Sponsorship Manager
http://www.facebook.com/RitAnglers       http://www.i2icustom.com      http://www.powellco.com/
http://www.solarbat.com/                         http://www.missilebaits.com/

#3 Avalonjohn44

Avalonjohn44

San Diego Jammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ah, cool, I usually don't hit that section of the boards.

"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."
-Izaak Walton

"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret."

-Roderick Haig-Brown

"If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world."

-Will Rogers

#4 jj2

jj2

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 09:50 PM

you are the lucky ones the wal mart in my town seems to have less every year

#5 NBR

NBR

I love bass fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 10:00 PM

I am with jj2. Our local Wal-Mart has low end rods, reels and major items. I walk through occasionally to see what might be on special but probably haven't bought anything for at least 4 years maybe longer.

#6 spinnerbaitalways

spinnerbaitalways

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 01:23 AM

The fishing section at my walmart has gotten dowm to one SHORT isle ats it.

#7 Vinny Chase

Vinny Chase

Proverbs 18:21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 09:06 AM

Our Walmarts carry Eagle Claw hooks!.....:(

#8 kadas

kadas

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 02:51 PM

you are the lucky ones the wal mart in my town seems to have less every year

Same Here :Idontknow:

#9 infamous fisher

infamous fisher

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 05:17 PM

It depended on the locations too. I live in the Dallas area and some Wally Worlds have Falcon Bucoo and KVD rods, shimano reels, the other ones have all Shakespeare and Pinnacle stuff.

#10 bman310

bman310

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 09:18 AM

I was at my local Walmart the other day and thought I'd check out the fishing section. The fishing section is all on one aisle, but it has received some new products. They have the Abu Vendetta rods and some nice Quantum's now, but the rods are shoved in with the regular rods and are very packed. Unless Walmart adds another aisle the rods will be getting thrashed there.
They also added some Skeet Reese,Shimano reels, and some better tackle boxes too. I really hoping they will redo their terminal tackle section with a better selection of Owner and Gammy's.

For the most part, my Walmart as of yesterday is totally worthless for a smart bass angler.

-b

#11 tholmes

tholmes

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 01:43 PM

Our Walmarts carry Eagle Claw hooks!..... :(

The one in my home town does too, along with Mustad and Gamakatsu :D

Really, they're getting better. Now if they would just start carrying Rage plastics, at least something other than the occasional pack of Thumper worms.

Tom
There are no magic lures and the fish don't care how much you paid for your gear.

#12 ChrisAW

ChrisAW

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 07:57 PM

I happened to head into one of my local Walmarts today, and wandered to the fishing section. They are upgrading a little as well, only just started to put out fishing rods. KVD's, Vendetta's, Skeet Reese, Falcons.. Some decent reels as well. But I didn't see anything new in terms of tackle. I'd rather see more of that than rods.

#13 RyneB

RyneB

ABU FOR LIFE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 08:07 PM

Mine upgraded as well. Just wish they would carry Rage Craws. I just like to have them close for when i need to get a pack in a hurry. The night before an outing and im low on rage craws i have to drive an hour to a Bass Pro just to get a few packs of rage craws. My wife doesnt understand that i would spend $40 in gas just to go spend $40 on Rage Craws. She doesnt understand the feeling of being on the water and your down to your last Rage Craw.
boat.jpg

#14 Jake P

Jake P

Tackle Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted February 18 2012 - 04:29 PM

Mine has beefed up as well. All new rod and reels from shimano abu garcia pflueger and quantum. Spinning and casting. Tons of new lures as well.

#15 d3bf48

d3bf48

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted February 18 2012 - 05:56 PM

The WM's in the Chicago area are getting Falcon bucoo and KVD rods from what I've noticed. Funny thing is that they are smashed up against walls, tangled up with dozens of other rods, and some even still had the foam packing blocks taped to the tips. Like others have said, I'm sure they will be trashed in no time. Bent/damaged guides, scratches, and probably a lot of weakened spots from being banged around.