Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Best Overall Color/size For Topwater Prop Bait.

Just ordered a Norman Weedwalker. Seller wants me to choose a size( 1/4 and 1/2are available). Seller also requests I choose a color. Choices are Chartruese,Black,White,Olive Frog or Bulldog. My lake has a good amount of matted milfoil,and the water is pretty clear. What's an all around good universal color for all conditions,sunny,overcast,day and night? What about size. My thoughts are 1/4 oz will be easier to keep up on the surface,but won't cast as far. 1/2 oz will cast far,but will require more speed and effort to stay up "on plane".

Topwater Top Prop lures;

I been using the mister twister tri alive top prop in fire tiger its a hot top water lure.

Most of the time the chartruese with the fire tiger has always been great with a little orange on the bottom.

Just for ha's, ha's one day i picked up a chaep orange spook. I tried it one morning and it was non stop bass after bass.

Any of these with a chrome or shiny belly! That is all the fish see anyways....the rest just catch the fisherman!

My number one all time is the devil's horse. Quickly catching up is the Splash tail 90. I like the koppers, but it sits a little to low in the water for me!

http://www.basspro.com/Smithwick-Devils-Horse/product/15540/97392

http://www.basspro.com/Lucky-Craft-Kelly-J-Prop-Baits-Hardbaits/product/10204989/78031

Jeff

Topwater Top Prop lures;

I been using the mister twister tri alive top prop in fire tiger its a hot top water lure.

Most of the time the chartruese with the fire tiger has always been great with a little orange on the bottom.

Just for ha's, ha's one day i picked up a chaep orange spook. I tried it one morning and it was non stop bass after bass.

The bucktailed Top Prop is one of my all-time best topwater baits for pike. B)

The skitterprop is a good one when you need lots of noise. My favorite is probably a Baby Torpedo in Frog.

The bucktailed Top Prop is one of my all-time best topwater baits for pike. B)

I just had Terry Clark paint up all my super top props for bass fishing and pike fishing. A few years ago mister twister had a clearance on the pike ones, now they have a clearance on the bass size top props.

I just had Terry Clark paint up all my super top props for bass fishing and pike fishing. A few years ago mister twister had a clearance on the pike ones, now they have a clearance on the bass size top props.

Thanks for the heads-up. I placed an order, and bought several of the 1/2oz Top Props. I purchased some 4" and 6" Mino baits for good measure.

I wish I would have caught the Super Top Prop sale. Do you recall what they went for?

I purchased about $500 worth of top props all colors (last month)and more split double tail plastic trailers which i use for spinnerbaits too. I been buying the 100pc bags of the trailers.($27 per 100). I'm stocking up on everything. I figure with the water shed next door to me if the end of the world comes i can fish to eat too.

The super top props were $5 each. I had Tery Clark paint them all in bass colors and i added the buck tail trailers to most of them. Here's one of my mister twister super top props in gold fish with scales. I added the orange trailer. Terry does do some awesome work.

post-1416-0-43992600-1334689854_thumb.jp

Good ole pop-r has never let me down black and silver.

Pop r another great lure.

This is funny; My son never used top water poppers so i gave him a pop r to try. He tied it on at the bucktail and made a few casts until i noticed it and told him your running it backwards. As soon as he turned it around and put it on right he nailed a 3lb bass next cast.

I purchased about $500 worth of top props all colors (last month)and more split double tail plastic trailers which i use for spinnerbaits too. I been buying the 100pc bags of the trailers.($27 per 100). I'm stocking up on everything. I figure with the water shed next door to me if the end of the world comes i can fish to eat too.

The super top props were $5 each. I had Tery Clark paint them all in bass colors and i added the buck tail trailers to most of them. Here's one of my mister twister super top props in gold fish with scales. I added the orange trailer. Terry does do some awesome work.

Very nice!

At five bucks, they are a steal; I believe they retailed for close to twenty dollars.

I hear you on the Apocalypse thing. :lol: If zombies start attacking, I'm heading for our property in the in the Northwoods.