Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Fox Lake - Illinois

Anyone fish this lake? Going to be fishing it next week for the first time, so any tips/information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

VC

It's my home lake(s). The Fox Chain is roughly 15 lakes with total acreage between 8-12,000 depending on what literature you read. Water level is extremely low right now, approx 18" which is alot for water with average depths of 4ft, making many areas hard to access, and dangerous if you don't know your.way around. As of last weekend they haven't put the navigational bouys in yet, but have closed the spillway at Stratton lock and dam. Supposed to get 1-3" of rain this weekend so that may help bring levels up. Water varies from clear to stained and temps have been in the high 40's-mid 50's. Northern lakes are deeper and clearer. Fish have been holding tight to boatlifts and docks in 2-4fow. Seawalls are also productive. If water levels rise fishing the reeds and timber will be productive in some of the creek channels. I primarily fish jigs and worms, all the regular colors. If you fish north, be prepared to hook into musky, maybe walleye, and big catfish. What brings you to IL? Just fishing for the hell of it or doing a tourney?

Pm me for more specific info