Not sure if have this posted in the right thread or not. :-/ Anyway, how does wind effect shoreline fishing? We are not taking the boat out tomorrow, instead we are doing some pond fishing. The weather here in NC has been in the 80's and sunny. The wind for tomrrow is 5-15. When the wind gets going about 10-15, does it effect the fish? Or do they not really care being they are deep in the water?

From what I know, it rarely affects the fish directly. It can sway the barometric pressure, which can be a benefit. The only problem that you will find a hinderance is casting. Windy days are rather challenging to accurately cast in.

From what I know, it rarely affects the fish directly. It can sway the barometric pressure, which can be a benefit. The only problem that you will find a hinderance is casting. Windy days are rather challenging to accurately cast in.

That's what I figured. The wind has been light to nothing the past few days and then today it was a bit breezy similar to what tomorrow is going to be. I was watching the top of the pond and saw the "ripples" in it. It made me wonder if the ripples were going to the north, then would the fish be swimming north too, etc. That was my main concern. As far as casting, it was pretty simple. I just waited for the wind to "rest" and then casted, reeled in the slack, and set the hook!!!!

Just know to cast into the wind,baitfish are usually pushed to the shore when the wind picks up and a spinnerbait and shallow diving crankbait would be the go-to bait.

• Like 1

The wind is your friend! Use it to your advantage! The wind will blow baitfish and small planktion into the wind blown shoreline. I would throw spinnerbaits,rattle traps,C-rig,t rig's !

I second @NCbassmaster4Life. Spinnerbaits and cranks are great high-wind-baits. They're both heavy enough to cast accurately in the wind, and produce well when the surface is all choppy. I personally prefer spinners. I just stepped out to the bank a few hours ago and caught one on a Snagless Sally & the wind here is monstrous right now (15-20) where I'm at.

~wm~

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by J Francho, April 16, 2012 - Spam
Hidden by J Francho, April 16, 2012 - Spam

Fishing in the wind can be difficult, but the wind blows warm oxygenated surface water toward the windy shore. That is important to fish this time of year.

http://fishingbw.com/