airborne_angler

Correct Installation Of Abu Garcia Axle Clip (Pn 20090)

I have a brand new Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000 which has never been cast. I was having some issues with it binding when I would reel it at times as I was trying to adjust the spool tension knob. Sometimes there would be no binding but the spool tension was way to loose.

I took off the spool tension knob and discovered that one of the ears for where the black Axle Clip attaches to the axle was broke off.

It caused the axle clip to sit cockeyed,and I think this was the issue causing me a bit of trouble.

So Ive ordered a new axle clip,and I have read somewhere that theres a right and wrong way to install this piece. Whats the correct way? One side is flat,and one side is raised with the "ears" that clip onto the axle.

I read something about the ears go in towards the spool and NOT towards the spool tension cap...Is this correct?

I have a brand new Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000 which has never been cast. I was having some issues with it binding when I would reel it at times as I was trying to adjust the spool tension knob. Sometimes there would be no binding but the spool tension was way to loose.

I took off the spool tension knob and discovered that one of the ears for where the black Axle Clip attaches to the axle was broke off.

It caused the axle clip to sit cockeyed,and I think this was the issue causing me a bit of trouble.

So Ive ordered a new axle clip,and I have read somewhere that theres a right and wrong way to install this piece. Whats the correct way? One side is flat,and one side is raised with the "ears" that clip onto the axle.

I read something about the ears go in towards the spool and NOT towards the spool tension cap...Is this correct?

Set the flat side to the shim.

We have found that using oil in the cap can cause the plastic to weaken.

The spool shaft doesn't turn we never add oil to the shim inside the cap.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!! :fishing1: