Sign in to follow this  
Krs45888

Close To Northern Il Locations Wanted-Bought 1St Fishing Boat

Hi everyone! I am new to the site and just purchased my first fishing boat, a Tracker ProGuide V16 SC with a 50 HP. I have been fishing at my dad's place in Northern Wisconsin my whole life. However I am looking for places closer to home which is Aurora, a western suburb of Chicago. Somewhere I can get to and from in a day, may up to an hour and a half drive away? We have a trolling motor on the boat and are looking to put a 9.9HP motor on to hit lakes with motor restrictions. I enjoy fishing for LM Bass, Muskie, Northern and all panfish. What suggestions does anyone have? I have been to Shebonna Lake, enjoyed it there. I have read about Lake Delavan, Braidwood Lake, Heidecke Lake, Pierce Lake and Bluff Lake on the Chain but not sure if they are any good? Your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

They're all good :tongue5: I fish the Chain alot. Bass, musky, walleye, and half naked drunk girls . Braidwood can be hazardous if you don't know where you're going. Shab has a motor restriction and I've only fished there from shore. Lasalle is an option. Heideke for whites, walleye, bass. Delaven and Geneva along with alot of smaller not so well known lakes in Wisconsin( Look up old episodes of Time on the Water. Will have a bunch of lakes to try).