Sign in to follow this  
rizzo777

Dewitt Ponds Batavia Ny?

Yea another fishing spot post.. I just read up on this place and saw a pic of a 16lb pike caught out of here and read it has some good bass. Anyone fish these waters? If so let me know how it is! Thanks

It has its moments. I live ten minutes away. I fish there quite a bit, it is a deep clear lake with a lot of ledge fishing. No gas powered motors allowed. Great drop shot fishing for bass and there are some gigantic pike in there!

i haven't fished there in probably 15 years before it got cleaned up but iv drove by and looked at it and walked around but never fished it and have seen good 2-3# bass cruising but like said its deep very deep I last checked it out last summer.

biggest I've gotten outta there is around 5 lbs... But I've seen bigger. Had a friend get one two years ago that went just over 7, weighed on a scale.

I went there yesterday for about 3 hours, I didn't get a single bite. The water looks deep and promising, i'm surprised I got nothing. Is this place over fished or would boat fishing be ideal?

I have fished there a lot quite recently. Caught a 2.5 pound bass but my average has been about 10-12 inch. I wouldn't say its over fished but it is becoming more fished since they have been cleaning the park up. One reason I am starting to fish else where because I like peace and quite while I am fishing. There are quite a few schools of small mouth dinks in there though if you are just looking to catch quantity.

Also just an FYI is harvesting fish there. Can only take 2 black bass and minimum size is 14 inches, limit of 1 trout and one walleye/yellow pike which must be 18 inches.All other species follow NYS regulations.

I fish mostly around Genesee County. There are a lot of good rivers and streams off the Great Lakes. Just double check the regulations before you go as they have some special regulations. I am not too familiar with the fishing there as it is a long drive there for me and gas is getting pricey for 2-2.5 total drive time. I am sure there are people that are familiar with the waters. There are also local bait shops there. Orleans Outdoor, Captains Cove, Narbys and also one across Oak Orchard, I forgot his name though. I recommend Captains Cove and the store across Oak Orchard from them. Every time I have been there they are also friendly and help you out. For more information you can visit the fishing reports on the DEC hot lines. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/fishhotlines.html The info there is usually pretty good.