Sign in to follow this  
Al Wolbach

Floro And Snell Knot

I flip the East Tennessee lakes with 20lb floro and for about the last 20 years have used the Trilene knot with good success. However I have been giving some thought to trying the snell knot for the above purpose but I an not sure of the knot strength with floro.

Does anyone have experience with the snell knot and floro? Thanks..............Al

Never used it with flouro but it cinches down pretty easily so I imagine the risk of burning the line is very small so long as you wet it enough. It holds solid with braid so you don't have to worry about it slipping.

It works just fine. Just make sure you take the time to cinch the knot down properly. I've used many different types of smell knots with fluoro and haven't had a problem.

I've snelled hooks down to #10 and 4# fluoro leader for double digit steelhead. It's probably as strong as any Palomar I can tie.

I've been using the first one shown in the top video for a while now. Super easy to tie and works great. Ever since I first saw that video, I've been using those Grammy octopus hooks for flipping. Darn good hook right there.

Thanks for the input guys. Great video J Francho. Thanks again guys......................Al

I really like the snell knot for my flipping, but I use it with braid

I use san diego jam knot for FC...just find it is stronger.

I have trouble with my snell slipping with FC but I know there are variations of the snell knot that are prob better