pjmags

Which One Would You Reccomend

Im looking for a decent all around pole for a good price and any type of fishing. I have narrowed it down to 2. Which one would you reccomend?

http://www.basspro.com/Browning-Fishing-SilaFlex-Spinning-Rods/product/58483/147385

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tourney-Special-IM7-Graphite-Spinning-Rods/product/44529/95902

I agree with LMG. For a general purpose rod a graphite fast action is more useful. The Browning rods are all fiberglass parabolic (slow) action rods which are generally better suited to treble hook baits.

Tourney special. I still have a few those. When I starting getting serious with bass fishing i started with those. I use them now for loaners. You will to when your time comes.

I have that tourney rod in 7' med, I actually bought that rod and used on drift boats with a 5000 Penn spinning reel. At present I have a 4000 spheros mounted on it and it's my frog rod for snakeheads. I've handled kingfish and bonita with it, but imo it feels bulky for repetitive cast and retrieving. I believe in the price range there are more comfortable alternatives with newer technology. I'm saving the rod for trade in at BPS next year.

I would go with the Tourney Special.

X2, Until I went to higher end rods, the tourney specials were all I used. Great rods for the price.

Hootie