Matt22Ratcliff

Jigs And Ect

I've grown up fishing creeks and small rivers for smallies and its not like I've never fished for largemouths or not had success fishing for them. I fish a lot of jigs tubes and other craw imitators in the creek and always catch quite a few fish. Then I'll go to the lake and not have the same results. Is there a reason for this, or do I need to change my approach when targeting largemouth?

The same lures that catch the brown fish will work on the green ones. lol. In my experience smallies are a little more aggresive than largies. Slow your presentation down a lot.

LMB live in different locations then SMB and that is your problem, not the jigs you are using. Look for weed line breaks near deeper water and fish more cover areas and points. SMB like rocky gravel areas with less cover than LMB, hope this helps and good luck!

Tom

LMB live in different locations then SMB and that is your problem, not the jigs you are using. Look for weed line breaks near deeper water and fish more cover areas and points. SMB like rocky gravel areas with less cover than LMB, hope this helps and good luck!

Tom

X2

Fish areas with more cover, laydowns, stumps, logs, grasslines, over top of the grass, creek channels, shady areas, all should hold a few bass.