Sign in to follow this  
hookedahawg

A Newbie Question

So i just recently got back into bass fishing, and a WHOLE lot has changed. specifcally the line choices. when i was younger there where really only a few choices. so here is my question, I just recently bought my first baitcaster and spent quite a bit of money on it. its really the only reel i own for now, so im looking for an overall "best" line to use. i mainly only fish topwater ( frogs and buzzbait) but i have become more intersted in using jigs. any help as to what line i should use for now would be much appreciated. at least until i buy another rod/reel. thanks!

30 or 40 pound power pro braid

40 lbs Sufix 832 Braid in your choice of color

Thanks for the quick replys guys. since i am new to baitcasters and my thumbs not trained yet, is braid still the way to go?

Thanks for the quick replys guys. since i am new to baitcasters and my thumbs not trained yet, is braid still the way to go?

Braid is easier to throw than Mono or FC.... You might want to practice with some cheap Mono before spooling up with braid. I like 30-50 Power Pro.

Ok last question, if i ever decide to use plastics, cranks, spinners all that, braid is ok for those as well? Thanks again guys!

Ok last question, if i ever decide to use plastics, cranks, spinners all that, braid is ok for those as well? Thanks again guys!

Yes Sir...... Although, I do prefer Mono for cranks, and a FC leader on my braid for plastics.

If you gonna throw cranks and spinners, just make sure to downgrade the rod to a M action to help with the "give"