Anyone having as much trouble tieing this knot as I am. I kinda pride myself on my ability to figure stuff out pretty quick. All this knot did was made me raise my BP.

I've watched a few videos on you tube and the knot wars app but I can't seem to figure it out.

I love the strength of this knot on paper but the improved clinch knot seems a hellova lot eaiser

I just tried it, and it's not too bad. I like a uni knot much better. Instead of the standard uni, go through the eye of the hook twice then tie the uni knot. I think this as strong of a knot as you can tie using braid direct. Here is how to tie it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6N20MFTMTs&playnext=1&list=PL2D2BAB828652F550&feature=results_video

I don't have a link but the knot that PowerPro shows in their brochure is very strong and very easy to tie.

Mike

I love the "knot wars" on BR, but always wonder why the need for such sophisticated knots when the the old standards are easy to tie and hold everything.

I don't ever use anything heavier than 20# mono or 20# braid (I do use 40# leaders at times), whether I'm bass fishing in slop, inshore or offshore in the ocean it's only 4 knots for me. Clinch, improved clinch, loop and an alberto. Knot failure is such a rare occurrence, I don't ever give it a thought. The easiest but most important thing in fishing is a good knot.

• Like 1