skeletor6

Straight Fluorocarbon Vs. Braid & Fluoro Leader

So I picked up some Daiwa Samurai 55lb, Suffix 832 50lb, and Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon. My question concerns slack line sensitivity.

Will I get greater slack line sensitivity if I go straight fluorocarbon, or does the fluorocarbon leader on my braided line give it decent slack line sensitivity? I know braid is terrible for slack line sensitivity so I am just wondering if the Fluoro leader helps at all with that.

I am using about a 6 to 9 foot leader. My main concern for this question is in regards to fishing styles such as drop shot, Senkos, weightless t-rigs etc. These styles often require the line to be at least semi-slack at times. I'm trying to decide if I can get away using braid with a leader for those techniques or if I should spool up completely with Fluoro to fish those techniques.

Thank you!

Skel

Use complete fluoro. If you just use a leader, sure fluoro will transmit the vibrations to your braid, but the braid will give you nothing to your rod. So it will still feel as dead as straight braid. I only use braid for frogging, and techniques like jigs where i'm always on a taught line.

• Like 1

Use complete fluoro. If you just use a leader, sure fluoro will transmit the vibrations to your braid, but the braid will give you nothing to your rod. So it will still feel as dead as straight braid. I only use braid for frogging, and techniques like jigs where i'm always on a taught line.

Okay that is what I was thinking as well. I've just read some posts where people were stating using braid with a leader for everything besides frogging.

Sounds like I will keep the braid for dragging jigs on the bottom, frogging, and top water (with mono leader) and basically use Fluoro for all other applications. Thanks BASSclary you've answered many questions of mine.

Okay that is what I was thinking as well. I've just read some posts where people were stating using braid with a leader for everything besides frogging.

Sounds like I will keep the braid for dragging jigs on the bottom, frogging, and top water (with mono leader) and basically use Fluoro for all other applications. Thanks BASSclary you've answered many questions of mine.

No problem!