Sign in to follow this  
southtexasbassin

Problems With 2009 Mercury Optimax 115 Hp

Mechanic can't get it right! Sad part is that I am still dishing out $$$ when the motor is still under warranty!!!! First it was a bad gas bulb, then it was bad coils and the motor was only firing on one cylinder! He moved the coils to different positions and supposedly it was corrected. It fails after it runs good for a while. While meaning first couple of runs during one outing. Mechanic says the computer says everything is fine. Know hes telling me that he thinks the coils are heating up. It kind of sucks to be taking it back and every time it seems like they are guessing. No alarms on the motor. The motor starts even when its stalling. All maintenance has been done on a timely manner.

It usually starts up fine then after riding for a while the motor stalls and will only give out about 2200 RPMs. Its been to the shop 4 times for the same issue in one month!!! Its a 2009 Merc 115HP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

http://youtu.be/H09EXr-_bBU

Contact Mercury direct.

Tell them of your problems and you want a replacement motor.

If they say no, take 'em to court!

I don't know if it works the same for outboards, but the lemon law for autos gives a dealer three tries to fix it. If they fail to get the problem fixed by the third attempt, they must buy the car back. That's assuming the shop attempting the repairs was where the car was bought, or an authorized dealer for that brand. If the vehicle was bought as a used vehicle, the dealer where it was bought is responsible for repairs, unless there was time left on the factory warranty.

I'm making the assumption you are taking the motor to the place you bought it, or to an authorized Mercury dealer. If you're not, all bets are off.