Sign in to follow this  
Western-Mass-Bass

5 Bucks And Free Shipping. Lol!! Lets Try Something

post-39487-0-60043700-1344863236_thumb.j

So I was on an auction site this weekend ( not ebay ) and found this just sitting there. Come to find out there is alot of people who spell stuff wrong and it doesnt get noticed. Now granted it is a department store reel, but for the 5 bucks it cost me , I figured what the heck. Its a Hank Parker lp baitcaster from abu garcia. It was sold as new without the box.

But my question to the forum is......... What would you do with it as far as parts goes? Maybe some bearings? Drag discs? Because im in it so cheap I dont mind putting a few bucks into it. But i have no idea about upgrading parts in a reel at all. Im assuming its a glorified black max. But some input on this reel would be greatly appreciated. And be honest about it. Like I said for 5 bucks you wont hurt my feelings at all. Thanks again

Thats not a reel that would be a good canidate to upgrade. Thats an extra for a friend.

Thats not a reel that would be a good canidate to upgrade. Thats an extra for a friend.

Yup. The sell that reel at Wal-Mart as part of a combo. I wouldn't upgrade it, but keep it for a "loaner"