LgMouthGambler

Great Camera For Any Fisherman

My wife bought me a great camera for my 30th Birthday. Olympus Tough One. This thing takes amazing pictures (see A day with LMG in Fishing Reports), also shock resistant, and water proof. Check it out!

How much would something like that run me? The camera Im using now is from like 97 and Im in need of a new one but I also got bills to pay, ya know?

How much would something like that run me? The camera Im using now is from like 97 and Im in need of a new one but I also got bills to pay, ya know?

If you don't need the shock resistance and waterproof features, you can get a camera for $100 or a little more. Virtually all cameras will take pretty good pictures these days. I assume you're not planning to blow the pictures up to 16x20, so the camera will be fine for digital images and smaller enlargements. If you fish by yourself just make sure it has a self timer.

It's easy to be fooled into believing that mega pixels are mandatory for quality photos to be posted on line, 3-5mp is plenty good which even inexpensive cameras and smartphones come equipped with. I've dialed back one of my cameras and my phone to 3 mp, the quality has not diminished, plus more photo storage and easier to manage the size for on line uploading.

It's easy to be fooled into believing that mega pixels are mandatory for quality photos to be posted on line, 3-5mp is plenty good which even inexpensive cameras and smartphones come equipped with. I've dialed back one of my cameras and my phone to 3 mp, the quality has not diminished, plus more photo storage and easier to manage the size for on line uploading.

you got that right, we recently got a new camera and that thing was set to 12mp out of the box, you couldn't even email a photo and the thing would fill up in like 25 pictures. 12 mp are like billboard size photos!!! LOL

If you don't need the shock resistance and waterproof features, you can get a camera for $100 or a little more. Virtually all cameras will take pretty good pictures these days. I assume you're not planning to blow the pictures up to 16x20, so the camera will be fine for digital images and smaller enlargements. If you fish by yourself just make sure it has a self timer.

Its nice to have the shock and water proof due to thats how my other camera was ruined. Taking pictures when your hands are wet, or raining. I feel very comfortable now taking pictures in any situation. I dont really pay to much to the pixels, I think this has 12, but I dont even know what that means, lol. Im a longevity guy, so I want my stuff to last a long time. Thats why I fish Shimano, lol.

Thats why I fish Shimano, lol.

I'm a big Shimano fan. Nobody makes a better derailleur. :laugh5:

• Like 2