Sign in to follow this  
Backwoodsbasser

Bow Nh Power Plant

I've read a lot of controversy about shutting down the power plant to get rid of the warn water discharge does anyone know If they've done so yet? I not who knows some details about the hooksett pool on the Merrimack there and the structure/cover. ThAt will be one of my winter hotspots

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120508/NEWS05/705089931

This article says how they are not making power there during low-energy usage months, but December-March it says they will be running. I have fished there a lot in the past few years and it is a very small area that gets extremely high pressure. As far as structure/cover, the only time when the bite is good is when they are pulling a lot of water and it will put the bass in the shallows right up against the bushes on shore, where they can ambush the baitfish. Really not much else to key in on as far as structure or cover.

If they are pulling and you get out there before anyone else that day, pretty much anything you use will get you bites. On the other hand it can be misserable if they are not pulling and there might be 8 other people in an area the size of a football field.