BassinLou

Tinkerbell Can Catch Bass

I have been sidelined with severe fishermans elbow for while a now so I have not been able to go out fishing. However, it has not stopped me taking my kids out to the community park. My kids are 6 and 4 and my son has a 5ft bass pro combo reel and my daughter has a 3ft Disney Tinkerbell spincast combo. We caught 3 little bass yesterday and they had a blast. Today my goal is to get my son on some fish with his rod. Parents you know how that goes. Here are my some pics I apologize for the quality its my first time posting pics.

Looks like they had a great time. Nice pics.

What bait did they catch them with?

I know exactly what you mean. Pressure to get the kids some fish is worse than the pressure you put on yourself to get the big one. But once they get some fish it is all worth it.

We caught them using my go to bait. Watermelon seed french fry worm on 1/32 weight. Works every time.

• Like 1

We caught them using my go to bait. Watermelon seed french fry worm on 1/32 weight. Works every time.

hahaha that is awesome. I always like to find simple lures or techniques with my kids too. I mean earth worms are great for catching sunnies but for bass I feel like they should learn really how to do it with lures.

• Like 1

Glad you all had some fun! Watch out that Disney rig is sure to catch the largest fish in the lake.

Nice job getting the kids on some fish. Those Disney rods always seem to have the magic touch, I'm thinking about getting one myself lol.