Sign in to follow this  
A-Jay

Stihl Br 600 Magnum

My new best friend - really made what used to be a 2 day job an afternoon deal.

A-Jay

Might could use that once Hurricane Sandy passes our neck of the woods.

I've owned that same blower for almost 8 years now. Had some initial issues with it and they replaced some of the electronics. It would die under load after it got good and warmed up. I only use it around the house, not commercially. The only other problem is the fuel line went bad recently. Never had any ethanol in it, so kind of surprised me. Not been an issue on my other Stihil stuff.

Great blower, though. Moves some impressive piles of leaves.

• Like 1

I hear ya, I can't vouch for the that older model, but this one is Beast of a blower.

This was my first Fall season using it.

Not cheap by any means, but it came with an extended warranty, the Dealer is close and does in house (factory Trainer) repairs, so I expect to have quite a bit more fishing time each fall.

A-Jay

I don't think it's changed any since I bought mine, so I'd expect you to be pretty happy with it!

• Like 1

Another thing that makes life easier in fall is the cyclone rake. My neighbor had one and we could in a matter of hours do both of our yards. Took three day job to a few hours. It is costly though.

i have the Echo 770T backpack blower which i use commercially. Once thing to watch with any new stuff is the carburetors. the various company's use the same carbs...walbro or zama...the epa has these carbs set really lean from the manufacturer, as in the high speed needle valve and can get clogged up relatively easily compared...

you will know if the carb gets gunked up...if it ever bogs on you when giving throttle, set the choke on half way and see if it runs more smooth but will have less rpms ='s starved for gas...that will tell you where the issue more than likely is...its a common problem these days and its not the brand per se...the warranty should cover carb adjustments...pending the warranty and/or information it may state within 30 days after initial use to have the carb adjusted and/or cover carb adjustments...

a lot of the new carbs have limiter caps and need special tools to remove the limiter cap to get at the carb adjustment screws which also need a special adjustment tool...usually only the service centers have these but can be found on the net if you know how to tweek carbs youself...

a good way to deal with leaves on a residential level other than bagging if you can't just blow them into woods is get a 1 or 2 big tarps, like 16 x 24's...when the wind is minimal learn to corral the leaves with the blower into a roll/pile...lay out the big tarp, use small bricks for the corners if necessary. then rake all the leaves on to the tarp, fold it and bungie it up like a big burrito...or 2 guys can drag it, lift and dump into a truck bed...also can drag the tarp around with leaves to the next pile and repeat till full...works well and saves a ton of time vs bagging the piles...

Past few years (as well as at my last property) I did the Tarp deal. I Raked them onto the tarp and then used a small tractor to haul them off the property to be dumped back in the woods. It was an effective but very laborious process.

The Back pack blower IS the way to go - at least for me.

A-Jay

Another thing you might look at is removing the screen spark arrestor. That is something the dealer recommended I do, although not officially, of course. They restrict the motor a bit and can clog up.