retiredbosn

Hick Hop, The Old New Country....

Discussing country music on another thread I mentioned Hick Hop, Colt Ford is the originator of this style, he does it because he says he can't sing. Jason Aldean recently released Dirt Road Anthem, and it is a complete butcher of the original here

Another from the same album, think the album is about 5 years old

Wait til they start remixing the classics

I guess I am just gonna buy me a bunch of CD's and forget about the radio all together.

This keeps up, the only way to change something like that would be to write your local radio stations, but then again what good would that do.

I think I will just go fishin and forget about the music all together !!

Like this version a lot:

And also this song (excuse the video):

You gotta love Colt Ford, he is an original. Love the line in the Waffle House song, "you can't make a wh##e a housewife" so true.

Not gettin' it. Just don't get the pop aspect. Well, I do get it , it sells records. Just don't see the appeal. Not a fan of country music in general. I do like Hank 3, The Pine Box boys and anything pre 1980. Most of the pop stuff is crap and if the ol' lady didn't listen to it I'd never hear it. Rappers already ruined rap music, I guess you southern boys are just a little slower :grin:

http://youtu.be/_xM2xgLC35k

Not gettin' it. Just don't get the pop aspect. Well, I do get it , it sells records. Just don't see the appeal. Not a fan of country music in general. I do like Hank 3, The Pine Box boys and anything pre 1980. Most of the pop stuff is crap and if the ol' lady didn't listen to it I'd never hear it. Rappers already ruined rap music, I guess you southern boys are just a little slower :grin:

Your funny !!!!

You need to pay a visit to one of our area's, I think you will find we are not slow at all, I wonder how long it would take you to catch up with us slow moving folk? lol !!!!!

Personally I like the Hick Hop sound. I like the beat and flow of the music and most of these guys have context in their songs you expect in a country song, it just sounds a little different. I like it a whole lot more than the pop country most people are singing anymore. Colt Ford, The Lacs, and The Whipps are a few of my favorites. The song for Colt Ford's "Huntin the World" gets me all kinds of jacked up to go hunting.

Digital Underground! **** son what you inow about that? Humpty is the man! "...I like them girls with the boom, I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom." The Humpty Dance! "People say you look like MC Hammer on crack Humpty." :D :D :D

Shock G is/was one of the all times greats. He kept the Humpty illusion going for awhile. Even having other guys wear the nose and glasses onstage and lip syncing Humpty's lines.

Dang, I thought you guys were talking about country singers. Instead, what we have here is a bunch of white boys who want to be hip-hoppers. Worst bunch of crap I've ever heard - except for the the real stuff. But then, I'm an old guy.

It is what it is. Not really my style but if you like it then more power to you.

I'm an old guy too. This was my first exposure to this music and I like it. New fan......Guess I'll have to look for a new station on my satelite radio..............Al

No disrespect, but this crap makes me want to put this:

bic_cristal_ballpoint_pent.jpg

in here:

ear1.jpg

until the noise stops.

I will say however.... the girl in the video is worth lookin at....as long as the volume is turned off.