NEjitterbugger

Hot November Striper Bite...

Today was the first day this month fishing the canal. There are bigger fish in there now the largest today was a 26pounder, my largest of the day would have been 32"+ but it got off about 10 yards away from me. My dad and I did manage to land 18 ranging from 18"-27"...

Not sure how long these bigger stripers will be in the canal for so if your close by definatley give it a go... It will be worth your while, bigger fish have been nailing eel like soft plastics on 3-4oz jig heads... Personally I have had some fun with some topwater fish, and my most productive lure I have been throwing this fall is a suspending Daiwa Salt Pro Minnow in any flashy silver color, this is a good alternative to a rapala x-raps or crystal minnows(they will hit any of these). They are a few bucks cheaper and they get the job done equally as well if not better. I think the rattle in the bait really gets the fish going compared to the x-rap. The bigger fish i missed today came on one of the Salt Pro's...

~Get out there and give it a go! Good Luck!

@jitterbugger, I'm willing to bet using a soft fluke on a jig head will produce very well, that's a bait that will catch about anything. The fish seem to be pretty hot up there now, I personally would probably not be using hard baits when I think I could catch as many at a fraction of the price. I use nothing but DOA 5 1/2" jerk shads on a DOA jig head, but I'm a fool spending as $ as I do when I have friends using Zoom flukes and Walmart jig heads and catch just as many. My own personal take would be my preference on using a single hook rather than trebles, don't ever forget a bucktail, nothing catches more fish.