Sign in to follow this  
LgMouthGambler

Daiwa Prolite Pl-100 Seriel 180385

From the 80s. Good little reels, for vintage. I put a few together for a client a few years ago.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I had a feeling by looking at it, it was 70-80's. My wife grandafther gave it to me to clean up and lube. Pretty cool little reel.

Prolite 1000, 2 ball bearings. I just went to look at the 2 I have. Those little reels were the "cat's meow" back then. And I can say this: with no maintenance, they still go on forever. And they cast light lures: they were my first "finesse" reels.

I still have one rigged up on an old Fenwick Legacy for when some of the grandkids come. They still cast well!

The Daiwa Procaster SM-1A and the SM-2A were just a bit larger. I have several of these. They make a GREAT FROG reel with braid. Bulletproof reels!

One day I'll get on Ebay and sell a few.

the PL-100 is circa 1981 and sold for right around $100 new at a time when my shimano bantam 10s were going for almost half of that. i was a poor high school student back then and $100 was a LOT of money but my two sisters knew i wanted a daiwa PL-1000 (smaller version of PL-100) and cobbled their money together to buy it for me as a christmas present. awesome reels.