Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

Any One Done The Army 10 Miler Before?

I guess its normally done in Washington DC but there are shadow runs all over for it.

Well today I was woken up 10 minutes into my nap and told we had a mandatory platoon run at 1630 which was only an hour away from when I had just been woken up. So pretty mad and angry as I also found out I had to go do a full serial number run down of everything in the trucks and I lost my day off tomorrow and now a platoon run that would be 4-7 miles I wasn't a happy camper. Now I hate running with a passion I suck at it kinda lol I wend to sand bag because I hate doing it.

So we all went out to do our platoon run which was gonna be just at our pace but our PSG's route which was 7 miles. I was doing pretty good actually towards the front of the pack running with the 2 team leaders in my squad. About at the id say 5.5- 6mi mark our PSG was going by us on his way back after the turn around on the north pier and told my team leader once we he hits the finish line if he does the 5k route continuing on he could get his army 10 miler shirt. Well I was feeling pretty good at this point and decided hey I want another t shirt d**n it lol. We crossed the finish line for the first 7 and kept on going grabbing water on the fly and ran the 5k route.

I finished the 10 mile mark at 1 hour 29 minutes not so shabby for a former fat guy who couldn't even run 2 miles with out puking every 1/4 mile lol. I did the full 10 miles with out stopping once or puking I feel like I'm 90 years old now my bones and joints hurt but its worth it I can say iv done the 10 miler. It felt weird to during the run especially the last 3 miles my whole body was numb like couldn't feel anything just kept moving and at a good pace 1 hour 29 minutes is what like a steady 9 minute mile pace not to shabby but soon as I crossed the 10 mile mark and stopped this wave like hit me my whole body just went prickly numb like when your arm falls asleep it was crazy. Thats the farthest I have ever ran in my life iv done farther ruck marches but to run that's the farthest ever prior to tonight it was the 5 mile eagle run in basic 5 years ago.

Has anyone else done the army 10 miler? there is a half marathon in 2 days they asked if I wanted to do but idk I know I could I could of tonight if I hadn't stopped I was feeling fine and could have kept going for 3 more no problem it was the stop at the finish of 10 that did me in.

Absolutely not. If you ever see me running that means something big and nasty is chasing me.

That's usually my thought as well lol I hate running. I woke up this morning throbing my knee feels like some one smashed them with a baseball bat haha.

No, but sometimes it feels like it.

It has kicked my arse lol. I got back from shift today knee wasn't hurting to bad but I sat down to just sit for 5 minutes I passed out for 5 hours lol even now just waking up from the nap a little while ago I'm dozing off and my left foot is killing me like the arch. As far as muscles go and such I feel great im not sore at all its just the foot and the knee a tiny bit. I'v been doing the Insanity exercise since August so that's conditioned my muscles on top of lifting as well. It will all come to a end for a bit in 22 days when I get home and get some Canadian beer in me.